One of my favorite pastimes has always been baking up some new treats for my family, so quarantine has been the perfect time for me to practice my skills in the kitchen. Just recently, I have been mastering my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe! These cookies are the perfect balance between sweet and salty all while maintaining a soft, rich texture. Here is the recipe so you can make your time at home a little sweeter!
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 cup of melted unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups of packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups of chocolate chips (I usually eyeball this step and just throw in as many I think looks great!)
1. Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F and line your cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt all in one bowl and set it aside.
3. In a separate bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, and white sugar until it is well blended. Once creamy, beat in the vanilla, egg, and egg yolk.
4. Mix in the dry ingredients into the the wet ingredients until well blended.
5. Add in your chocolate chips!
6. Scoop out the cookie dough onto your cookie sheets but keep in mind there should be around 2 inches in between each cookie dough ball.
7. Bake the cookies for 15 to 17 minutes or until the edges have turned golden brown. Once done, allow for cooling.
Love, Tori Montalvo